Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Letting the Face's Rant

Imagine, if instead of having one face, we all just had mask, each of which we had sculpted to resemble one side of us? To some people we'd show one face, then just switch it off to another as we slipped into another social group. Life would be so simple. We would just act the part of the mask, and all the people who liked that side of you would love you for that, and then you could move onto the next group with a new mask. Life would be good, and no one would fight. That is, we would love this new set up, until we got home, and lined all our faces up on the table, each and every one of them. And we stare at them all alone, thinking "which one shall I wear tonight?" With no one to try and please, you don't have a mask to wear. Then you look at yourself in the mirror, and realize the worst kind of thing; "I don't have a face of my own." Some days, I feel I live like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment